LOCAL NUMBER PORTABILITY
Switch to VarPhonex without losing your phone number
In most cases VarPhonex lets your clients keep their existing phone number(s) even if they are moving out of the area code where the phone number is located.
Find out if you can switch your number (land line or cell) to VarPhonex by entering it into the availability selector below and we'll instantly tell you if your number is transferable.
Keep in mind that if the phone number is connected to a DSL connection, additional steps are needed to transfer the number to us. To keep a DSL connection, check with the current phone service provider to see if they offer "naked DSL". If so, they can unbundle the phone number from the DSL service allowing us to transfer the number without any problems. If the current provider does not offer that service, check with the local cable company as most cable operators offer higher speed Internet connections at a more competitive price.
How do I transfer my number to VarPhonex?
- Choose any service that includes a DID, and once you “Choose DID” you wil be asked if you want to keep your number, or get a new one, simply select keep my current number.
- Once you have completed your order, you will be asked to fill out a letter of authorization, and to provide us proof of ownership.
- Complete the online forms and follow the instructions to transfer the phone number.
How do I transfer my existing international phone number?
- Please place an order for a number from the same country you wish to port an existing number. Once you receive our response email stating that your international number order is provisioned and account is open, please forward this email to email@example.com stating the specific number you wish to port.
- You will receive a reply from our International Local Number Porting Department, verifying that the number is portable and will be provided with the specific documents required by the porting country to port your international number to InPhonex.
- Updates on the porting process can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Note that international porting may take 30 days to complete, after all documentation has been verified and accepted by the country involved.
- Please see our list of countries that can port numbers to InPhonex and the associated porting fee for each number.
What if my number is not portable?
In some instances, we may not be able to transfer your number. In this case you can choose a new incoming number with the area code of your choice.
How long will it take to transfer a number?
The transfer process can take up to 30 days, depending on the local phone company.
What happens while the number is being transferred?
During the number transfer process, we provide a temporary number so that your customer can begin to use the service and all its free features immediately. Then, when the number is transferred, we'll inform you via email and the number will be transferred seamlessly.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
Contact VarPhonex Customer Support through our Help Desk or by calling 1-800-491-6974 or 305-728-6200 (international customers).
What is the cost of porting a number?
There is a setup fee of $19.95.
Where can I port my number from?
US, Canada and 21 international countries.
How do I port a number to replace an existing DID number?
Order a number, and once the port is complete contact our service team to swap and delete numbers as needed. International DIDs email email@example.com for instructions.
Can I port a toll-free number?
Yes, place an order for a toll free number and choose “Keep my existing phone number” during the order you will given on screen directions to port your number.
Can I port multiple numbers at the same time?
No, you must submit them individually. However, if you are going to port more than 25, we can discuss discounts.
Is the port fee refundable in the event my number is not ported?
Yes, unless you haven’t provided all requested information such as LOA and copy of phone bill.
When can I cancel my current number?
Only once you have received conformation from us that your number has been ported successfully.
How do I start the process?
New customers should place an order for a plan that includes a US/Canada DID phone number from www.VarPhonex.com. Existing customers should place an order for a plan that includes a US/Canada DID phone number from the "Place Order" link within your Control Panel. International ports, click here.
Why is my number not portable?
Number porting requires interaction between carriers and in some cases, your current provider might not be able to port numbers out. In addition, in some regions (usually rural areas), our footprint does not include the ability to port numbers due to infrastructure and carrier partnerships.
What is required to port my number to VarPhonex?
In order to port your number we will need a copy of the LOA (Letter of authorization, sent at the time of the order) Signed and dated. We will also require proof of ownership of the number. This is most commonly found in the form of a phone bill (no later than 30 days old). Be sure your proof of ownership shows your name, Address, and the Telephone number being ported. Also be sure that the information on the bill matches the information on the Letter of authorization.
What can cause delays in my porting
Porting can take up to 30 days on a clear and correct order. There are several factors that can affect the port time of your order. The primary cause of delay is invalid information. Check with your current provider to be sure you are providing us with the correct Name, Address, and Billing telephone number for your order. Sometimes the provider has things listed differently in their system then you think. Another common cause for delay is outdated proof of ownership; please be sure that the LOA and bill are both dated within 30 days.
My provider says the info is correct, but I am still being rejected. What can I do?
Please contact your current carrier and request a copy of your “CSR” (customer service record). They are required by law to give this to you, and the CSR is the magic key to all things LNP.