What is VarPhonex?
VarPhonex is VoIP carrier that uses your Internet connection to allow you make and receive phone calls. VarPhonex customers can use the service anywhere in the world they connect to the Internet and make high quality calls using any SIP enabled Internet Telephony Device, broadband adaptor, IP phone or softphone. We offer on-line account administration, low prepaid calling rates, unlimited monthly plans and incredible features without all the extra fees and charges like traditional telephone providers. Users are welcome to bring their own VoIP device or try one of ours. We offer our devices open and unlocked so you can unleash the full power of VoIP.
How does VoIP work?
Select an Internet Telephony device or softphone that best fits the way you connect to the Internet. Select an VarPhonex calling option and once the device is installed you can simply pick up the phone and dial any regular number. The online Control Panel lets you view your calling plan or remaining call credit balance, add more funds to your account, manage your call forwarding, review call history, missed calls, faxes, share call credit and more. Every account comes with 5 internal VarPhonex numbers so you can share with your family and friends to create your own Free VarPhonex network.
Where can I call with my VarPhonex account?
Anywhere. In addition to Free calls to other VarPhonex members we offer two types of pay calling options:
- Pay-as-You-Go calling which works like a prepaid phone card and lets you call any regular telephone number in the world based on length and destination of the call. You can add additional call credit from your online Control Panel any time and Pay-as-you-go accounts come with all of the VarPhonex features. Includes free in-network Internet calling.
- Monthly Calling plans offer unlimited calling to groups of countries around the world. Choose the USA and Canada or a plan that includes calls to as many as 36 countries. You choose the plan that is right for you based on where you call and what you want to spend. The plans are designed for residential customers or businesses with less than five employees. Includes free in-network Internet calling.
What do I need?
A connection to the Internet, a computer and any SIP enabled VoIP device. Below are examples of what your situation might require:
- Cable and DSL users that currently have a standard router can use a Linksys Phone adaptor and can find it and other Internet Phones and adaptors here.
- Cable and DSL users without a router can use the Linksys Router/Phone adaptor combination and can find it and other Internet Phones and adaptors here.
- Dial-up Users and any other method of connecting to the Internet can use their computer with a softphone and headset or USB phone. More information on these devices can be found here. The new DiPhone allows a user to make calls using their dial up account without a computer.
Why do I want to use VarPhonex?
VoIP is a great way to get extra use out of your Internet connection and save money on phone calls. Our service offers the ability to reduce or eliminate your expensive phone bill including International calls. In addition, the FREE features included with our service cost money with other providers.
What makes VarPhonex special?
Besides our low cost, our features are built to integrate your different phones with our online call forwarding. Free access to USA/Canada Toll Free numbers is a feature many International customers enjoy. Also, any VarPhonex account can have its own incoming phone number from many area codes in the USA and Canada. These incoming numbers ring wherever you are connected to the Internet so for example your callers can call a California number and it could ring in Japan with no additional fees or long distance charges.